Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tech Post #3

comScore: Facebook Keeps Gobbling People’s Time
 
I found this article on TechCrunch, and it's about how people much time people are spending on Facebook. Facebook is now the top dog when it comes to social networking with it's U.S. audience totaling to 153.9 million alone. Facebook has become the 4th most visited web property. "The total time spent on Facebook in December 2010 vs December 2009 surged 79 percent to 49.4 billion minutes." While Facebook's aduience and page views are increasing, MySpace's are decreasing. "its audience declined 27 percent and total time spent on the site declined 50 percent." Facebook has become so popular that it "even surpassed Google, Yahoo and Microsoft in terms of time spent on each site, according to comScore’s data." Facebook has a strong "command over internet users time on the web" so it's "no wonder advertisers are flocking to the social network to reach users." I picked this article because I know that many of friends and that I, myself, spend quite a lot of time on Facebook, and it was interesting to how Facebook has gained so much power in terms of internet domination.
 
Here is a link to the full article: http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/07/comscore-facebook-keeps-gobbling-peoples-time/

1 comment:

  1. I also spend a lot of time on Facebook. I even usually have it on a separate tab when I am doing something else. Facebook is very popular and I am not surprised to see that it is the most popular. Twitter is trying to compete, however, I just created a Twitter account a few days ago and so far I am still a bigger Facebook fan. It may be because I am new to Twitter and know how to get about Facebook a lot easier, but it also seems that Facebook allows for a lot more interaction.

    ReplyDelete