Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tech Post #2

ComScore Says You Don’t Got Mail: Web Email Usage Declines, 59% Among Teens!
 
I found this article on TechCrunch, and it's about how teens are using e-mail less and less every year as a way of communication. "Total web email usage was down 8% in the past year (YOY), with a whopping 59% decline in use among people between the ages of 12-17." Teens are moving from e-mail to using Facebook, twitter, and texting as forms of communication. I think this will affect the different web emails services and how people will start/continue to communicate with each other. I picked this article because I found it interesting due to the fact I am a part of this trend. I dont really use email too much anymore and I tend to forget to check it which can cause some communication problems.
 
Here is a link to the full article: http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/07/comscore-says-you-dont-got-mail-web-email-usage-declines-59-among-teens/

No comments:

Post a Comment